CWSAA and its members have utilized various fund-raising efforts to create a pool of funds to provide financial support to small ski areas. These funds can be accessed by CWSAA Members, as follows:
- An application can be made by a small ski area, defined as one with annual skier visits of less than 20,000.
- The ski area(s) must be members in good standing of CWSAA.
Use of Funds
- The requested funds can be used for Safety & Risk Management, Education or to facilitate participation in a CWSAA Function (i.e. Conference, Zone Meeting or other CWSAA Event).
- The funds cannot be used for asset purchases (e.g. equipment).
- Applicants are required to submit a request in writing to the CWSAA President, prior to the event.
- Applications must be approved by a majority of the members of the CWSAA Executive Committee.
- Small Areas are eligible for Small Areas Assistance funding a maximum of once per 18 month period. Small Areas are eligible for a maximum of $1,500 in funding per 18 month period.
This policy was approved by the CWSAA Board of Directors at the May 6, 2013 CWSAA Board Meeting.